Annual Show Details for Membership
This year’s Annual Christmas Brook Figure Skating Club Show, “Road Trip”, is fast approaching on Saturday, April 6th.
All our skaters – from beginners to advanced -- are hard at work sharpening their skills and practicing their routines, eager to show off what they have accomplished this year. As always, it will be a night filled with fun music, adorable moments, some surprises and a few tears as we watch our graduating seniors skate their final programs together.
Refer back to this post, as it contains information on ways that you can help with this event and be prepared to support your skater. There are several forms attached to this email as noted below.
KEY DATES AND TIMES:
FRIDAY, APRIL 5 at 5:00 PM
- Run-through starts at 5:30PM
- Everyone should have their skates on and be ready to start the run-through at 5:30.
CHRISTMAS BROOK Road Trip – SHOW
Saturday, April 6 at 4:00 PM
- Call Time for Freestyle skaters is 3:00 PM.
- Call Time for Learn to Skate skaters is 3:15 PM.
SUPPORT OUR SKATERS – SUPPORT OUR CLUB:
We are now accepting ads for our show program. If you know of anyone with a business that would like to support our program while promoting their business, please see one of our board members and we can provide you with a Program Ad form.
We also offer families and friends the opportunity to purchase patron lines meant to support and encourage their skaters. Please refer to the PATRON LINES FORM. All patron lines and ads need to be received by Monday, March 25.
CBFSC will hold a bake sale during the show. We ask everyone to bring a individually wrapped baked goods to contribute.
We are also planning to hold a 50/50 raffle and a scratch ticket raffle. We are asking everyone to donate a $5 scratch ticket (or simply $5), so we can purchase and arrange the tickets to be used as a fundraiser for further club support. Again, please make your donation to any board member.
Volunteers are needed to set up and sell at our concessions/bake sale. This is a great way to help if you were unable to attend Bay State Games.
Volunteers are also needed to help set up and break down the show, and for group parents to take responsibility for the younger skaters being in the proper place during the show
Please contact any of the following Board Members to sign up for volunteer positions.
Wendy Gipp, President
Jaime Campbell, Vice President
Suzanne Koperek, Treasurer
FOR YOUR MEMORIES:
Our Saturday performance will be videotaped by NBCTV. DVDs can be ordered in advance by filling out and submitting the attached form. DVD ORDER FORM
Stephen Faucher Photography will once again be providing both still and action photography. Photography packages are outlined on the attached form. (off-ice stills on Friday/on ice action photos on Saturday). PHOTOGRAPHY FORMS
TIPS AND TRADITIONS
- Costumes will be ready and labeled for our Learn To Skate skaters in assigned locker rooms at the dress rehearsal.
- Costumes must remain in the locker rooms after dress rehearsal so that they can be ready for the Saturday performance
- Costumes may be taken home after Saturday night’s performance
- You may want to consider an arrangement of Flowers for your skater as they are a customary gift after the performance. Flowers will not be available for purchase at the show this year.
- Remember to bring water – hydration is important!
- Simple/non-messy snacks to keep young skaters happy and occupied are always a good idea.
- Blankets for skaters for when they are in costume but not performing is also a great idea.
- Please remind your children no food or drink (other than water) while in costume. (If you think this will be a problem, please bring a robe/cover-up to protect them while your child is off the ice.)
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to any of us either in person at the rink or via phone or email. We want this to be an enjoyable and memorable night for everyone!
The CBFSC Board of Directors